Portfolio Management Lead
MetaPhase Consulting is an IT and Management Consultancy serving Federal Government clients through expertise in systems implementations, data analytics, change management, information security, and training.
MetaPhase provides an alternative to the ‘Big 5’ consultancies from which it was born – blending the best and brightest from large consulting and systems integration firms with an empowered culture of client service.
MetaPhase Consulting is seeking a Portfolio Management Lead in support of a future, large Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PfM) Support initiative. This individual will be responsible for leading the Portfolio and Program Management teams to develop, implement and manage all Portfolio and Program Management strategies for the customer. The Portfolio Management Lead reports directly to the Senior Program Manager and interfaces with a Government PMO, senior federal executives, contracting office, and other customer stakeholders, including EA and PM/PfM personnel.
- At least 15 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a project team (preferably in a concurrent fashion)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Presents exceptionally well to senior executives
- Influences decisions that support the organization’s strategic plan
- Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience leading discussions
- Expert knowledge of the PMBOK and associated program management strategies
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
- Exposure to Federal Governance processes for SDLC gate controls and budget approval
- Familiarity with the tenets of Agile adoption within Federal Environments
- Demonstrated history of coordinating projects requiring full participation across the enterprise (functional groups)
- Ability to work within highly-political environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, encourage teamwork, engage stakeholders and influence decisions
- Familiarity with an iterative SDLC framework such as the Rational Unified Process (RUP)
How to Apply
Nothing complicated here. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph statement about your interest in the position. No need for a lengthy cover letter or drawn out process – we’ll reach out within a few days to setup a time to talk.
***No unsolicited agency referrals please.***