Technical Governance Analyst
MetaPhase Consulting is an IT and Management Consultancy serving Federal Government clients through expertise in systems implementations, data analytics, change management, information security, and training.
MetaPhase provides an alternative to the ‘Big 5’ consultancies from which it was born – blending the best and brightest from large consulting and systems integration firms with an empowered culture of client service.
MetaPhase Consulting is seeking a Technical Governance Analyst in support of a future, large Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PfM) Support initiative. The Technical Governance Analyst will be responsible for coordinating the overall governance methodology that will help ensure the customer’s IT investment decisions will support organizational goals and objectives, as well as customer stakeholder needs. The Technical Governance Analyst will report directly to the Portfolio Management Lead, and is expected to collaborate with the customer CIO, the EA, PfM and PMO project team members, and various customer stakeholders within the various review boards (i.e. Architecture, Investment, Technology, IT), EA, PfM, CPIC, Budget, and PMO disciplines.
In order to execute these duties effectively, individual must be able to:
- Establish initial strategic EA governance model to ensure that industry best standards and practices are incorporated to develop/support the EA program
- Coordinate with the Portfolio Management team to ensure that EA governance model is seamlessly integrated into the overall portfolio governance model and supporting governance bodies
- Coordinate with PMO to ensure that PMO capabilities developed and implemented will help drive the maturation of the EA program
- Collaborate with customer review board leaders and stakeholders to incorporate updated processes, templates, artifacts and standards into existing governance practices
- At least 8 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing and coordinating governance-related processes and deliverables.
- Knowledge/ experience with federal financial ERP systems (e.g. Momentum Financials, Oracle Financials, SAP)
- Presents exceptionally well to senior executives
- Influences organizational business, service, technical decisions that support the organization’s strategic plan
- Expert knowledge of the Federal EA framework and other EA frameworks (i.e. DODAF)
- Expert knowledge of EA and Portfolio management governance processes
- Familiarity with the tenets of Agile adoption within Federal Environments
- Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience leading discussions
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
- Exposure to Federal Governance processes for SDLC gate controls and budget approval
- Expert knowledge in review board (i.e. Architecture, IT, Change Control, IT Investment/CPIC) processes
- Demonstrated history of coordinating projects requiring full participation across the enterprise (functional groups)
- Ability to work within highly-political environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, encourage teamwork, engage stakeholders and influence decisions
How to Apply
Nothing complicated here. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph statement about your interest in the position. No need for a lengthy cover letter or drawn out process – we’ll reach out within a few days to setup a time to talk.
***No unsolicited agency referrals please.***