Sr. Capital Planning Investment & Control (CPIC) Analyst
About MetaPhase Consulting
MetaPhase Consulting is an IT and Management Consultancy serving Federal Government clients through expertise in systems implementations, data analytics, change management, information security, and training.
MetaPhase provides an alternative to the ‘Big 5’ consultancies from which it was born – blending the best and brightest from large consulting and systems integration firms with an empowered culture of client service.
MetaPhase Consulting is seeking a Senior Capital Planning Investment and Control (CPIC) Analyst in support of a future, large Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PfM) Support initiative. The Senior CPIC Analyst will be responsible for developing and supporting a standardized approach towards IT Portfolio Planning, Management and Evaluation that will effectively align IT investment decisions with organizational strategic goals and objectives. The Senior CPIC Analyst will report directly to the Portfolio Management Lead, and is expected to collaborate with the client CIO, Government PMO, and various client stakeholders within the EA and PfM disciplines.
In order to execute these duties effectively, individual must be able to:
- Assist customer CIO to conduct research and benchmarks to help Federal staff to develop board or business case(s), planning, monitoring, capital investment control documentation
- Support the customer CIO to adopt and implement the Capital Planning and Investment review process, both from an IT Investment and PMO perspective
- Collect information on current and planned IT investments, and conduct Baseline Analysis to determine portfolio candidate strength through ROI analysis
- Develop guidance to formulate and manage overall IT portfolio
- Establish performance targets to track effectiveness and long-term feasibility of -IT portfolio and ensure alignment to strategic goals and organizational priorities
- Design portfolio scorecards during portfolio reviews
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- At least 10 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience conducting IT Investment Planning and support for Federal clients
Additional Qualifications (Desired)
- Presents exceptionally well to senior executives
- Influences organizational business, service, technical decisions that support the organization’s strategic plan
- Knowledge of EA and Portfolio management governance processes
- Expert knowledge of Federal CPIC processes, standards and guidance; including development and management of OMB Exhibit 300 and Exhibit 53 submissions
- Familiarity with the tenets of Agile adoption within Federal Environments
- Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience leading discussions
- Expert knowledge of the PMBOK and associated program management strategies
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
- Exposure to Federal Governance processes for SDLC gate controls and budget approval
- Demonstrated history of coordinating projects requiring full participation across the enterprise (functional groups)
- Ability to work within highly-political environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, encourage teamwork, engage stakeholders and influence decisions
- Arlington, VA
How to Apply
Nothing complicated here. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph statement about your interest in the position. No need for a lengthy cover letter or drawn out process – we’ll reach out within a few days to setup a time to talk.
***No unsolicited agency referrals please.***