Technical Enterprise Architect
MetaPhase Consulting is an IT and Management Consultancy serving Federal Government clients through expertise in systems implementations, data analytics, change management, information security, and training.
MetaPhase provides an alternative to the ‘Big 5’ consultancies from which it was born – blending the best and brightest from large consulting and systems integration firms with an empowered culture of client service.
MetaPhase Consulting is seeking Technical Enterprise Architects to join our growing team in support of a future, large Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Portfolio Management (PfM) Support initiative. The Technical EA will be primarily responsible for maturing the customer’s technical architecture and ensuring that current and planned IT solutions support organizational mission objectives and customer/stakeholder IT needs and requirements. responsible for analysis and documentation of current state architecture to include network, infrastructure, and security components, with prioritization of details necessary to inform decision making for enterprise-level solutions. The Technical EA will be expected to collaborate with experts of other disciplines in building and communicating a recommendation to the team and to the client organization. The Technical EA will report directly to an EA Lead and will collaborate with an Program Management (PM) and Portfolio Management project team to produce project deliverables. The Program Management Analyst will interface with a Government PMO, and other stakeholders, including client EA and PM/PfM personnel.
In order to execute these duties effectively, individual must be able to:
- Define gaps between current technical architecture environment and organizational mission priorities and services
- Develop target technical environment that enhances IT capabilities/services and supports strategic mission priorities, and supporting road map, sequence plans, and tools for achieving target state
- Validate that IT capabilities sufficiently supports target business and service architectures as well
- Work with the customer’s CIO and EA Team Lead to promote technology solutions that modernize the customer’s IT infrastructure and better support mission goals and objectives
- Collaborate with portfolio management and capital planning stakeholders to ensure that IT investment decision making processes promote a sustainable modernization of an IT environment
- At least 10 years of post-collegiate professional experience
- At least 3 years of developing and managing current and target technical architecture information and artifacts for Federal customers
- Presents exceptionally well to senior executives
- Influences technology decisions that support the organization’s strategic plan
- Experience implementing Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Infrastructure as a Service in the Federal Government
- Experience in modernizing network and security solutions in the Federal Government
- Knowledge of Federal policies related to cloud migration, data center consolidation, disaster recovery, and shared services
- Expert knowledge of the Federal EA framework and other EA frameworks (i.e. DODAF)
- Knowledge of EA and Portfolio management governance processes
- Sufficient knowledge developing target architecture mappings, readiness assessment decision trees, and technology adoption tenets
How to Apply
Nothing complicated here. Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph statement about your interest in the position. No need for a lengthy cover letter or drawn out process – we’ll reach out within a few days to setup a time to talk.